Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sweet Dove (Track 11, 21st Century Writings)

You kept your heart all locked up,
In the portrait of your dreams.
And kept them clutched so tight,
That they never got their wings.
When all along it was your heart,
That needed to fly.
And now you just sit here,
And watch it pass you by.

There are tears that are for sorrow,
And tears left for pain.
And now you lose because you choose,
To pass around the blame.
But the truth's outside,
Your willingness to decide.
Where someone else should reside,
And all according to the picture in your mind.

CHORUS:
Oh sweet dove of the morning light,
Can it be you've lost your way in flight?
And are you so locked up,
That you can't feel it any more?
I'm sittin' here, bleedin' on the floor
I can't take it any more.

Your fantasy was a plan for me,
Like a painting on the wall.
And now you're there, how do you prepare,
To hold and keep it all?
When there's no way out, you can't even shout,
Because you're frozen in a frame.
And yet your heart is driven,
By some unknown flame.

I don't fit because I couldn't sit,
In a painting on your wall.
I even tried, and to me I lied,
But all I could do is fall.
For the picture's not real, and there's no place to feel,
Like I really am alive.
Can't you see the fantasy is not me,
And that's who you tried to bribe.

CHORUS:
Oh sweet dove of the morning light,
Can it be we've lost our way in flight?
And are you so locked up,
You can't feel it any more?
I'm standing here, knee deep in fear,
Asking, isn't there any more?

So I let it go, I don't need to show,
Or tell you any more.
Or writhe and lie, or step aside,
To keep you from bleedin' on the floor.
For life's outside, and still resides,
Beyond these pictures in our minds.
So I turn from what I knew, to start anew,
As I leave it all behind.

CHORUS:
Oh sweet dove of the morning light,
Can it be we've lost our way in flight?
And are you so locked up,
You can't feel it any more?
I don't feel, that I got through to you,
That I wanted so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment