Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Edge of Time (Track 8, 21st Century Writings)

Sittin' here on the edge of time,
Waitin' for the Sun to shine on something.
you look through your landlocked haze
And you can see in your face, there's nothing to say.

I can see in your eyes
You're looking through a thin disguise
At something real, tell me how does it feel,
To suddenly be able to feel something that's really
real?

Now what do you do?
You look to me for something to say,
What it means any way, is up to you to say,
For my mind is a thousand miles away on the edge of
time.

You don't know quite how to deal,
With the fact that it's finally real;
But you knew that the day would come,
When you would be all alone, on the edge of time.

Tell me how it feels,
To have to make your own deals for livin'?
Can you see through your fear,
That the end is coming near, for your shallow masks?

You just sit and look at me,
As if I could set you free;
And I just wanted you to see,
That it's only me sittin' on the edge of time.

I just turn and walk away,
Waiting for another day on the edge of time;
Lookin' through my open door I can't see you any
more,
'Cause the sun is shinin'

The eagle sees through my eye,
He doesn't need any disguise.
He's flying straight and free, because it's really me,
Standing on the edge of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment