Monday, June 8, 2009

Opening a Closed Door (Track 14, 21st Century Writings)

Now that I'm sitting here in my room,
I'm thinking of all that's gone before me.
And you, you were living beside me,
And in my mind and heart we were always one.

Why was it so hard to realize,
That the thing I wanted most, was right beside me?
Only through my pain did I recognize,
That you, you were the light in my life.

CHORUS:
If I had the chance to do it over,
The sweetness of your soul, I would ignite.
For the darkness I've been carrying on my shoulder,
Would be lifted as we stepped into the light.

Why did I have to wait until it was over,
To tell you how much you have meant to me?
I would give you my life, if we could start over,
And try to find the love that could set us both free.

Have you ever wanted to step beyond the memories,
And let the past fade away into dust?
For there's a new dawn on the horizon,
And a new day waiting for us.

CHORUS:
And the wild flowers are opening inside of me,
Just the thought of you sets my heart free.
The winds whisper your name to me,
Because with you is where I want to be.

Take my hand, and walk with me into the light,
From the shrouding of our darkest nights.
I wish you could see the beauty I see in you,
For you, you are the one that sets my heart free.

Our lives they could entwine, like the rivers
Flowing down to the sea.
And the morning's song, awakening fields of clover,
And you, you will always be walking inside of me.

CHORUS:
The road doesn't have to be rough and rocky,
For together life could be so sweet.
I am asking you now, show me how,
Two hearts, they can beat as one.

And when our lives here on earth are over,
It is you I want beside of me.
And the angels will sing, as our love will bring,
A new light that will cover the earth.

To me you are so beautiful,
As your love, it burns inside of me.
I'm telling you that I want to spend my life with you,
For you light the fire that sets my soul free.

CHORUS:
And now I sit in the morning's flow,
Feeling alive, because you are inside of me.
What ever will, it's set my heart free,
For you, you are the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment